Friday, November 30, 2018

moose head to head

Which image do you prefer?
As a photographer, or rather someone who identifies himself as a photographer, I take pictures of things that suit my fancy.  I particularly liked this moose head display, as it was a striking image of how majestic and incredible these largest of the deer family are.  But think about it for a moment, exactly what would I do with a shot of a moose head over time.  I am sure a lot of our pictures fall into this category; interesting one moment then forgotten the next.
This is one of the reasons I like to take pictures of people; it takes an impersonal photo and makes it something with a personal connection.  A good example of this is the lower image in the shot above.  Aside from the fact that I also consider this a character shot, something I will write about later, I also find this really quite funny. 
Imagine now, that my friend's wife saw this image and instantly loved it.  She asked for it to be made into a card which was to be used for sending salutations during Christmas.  There were a host of other ones as well, but it was this one that I liked the most.  I do not know who got the card, but I hope that they enjoyed it as much as I did.
The moral of the story is to put people in your shot.  Certainly, by all means, take photos of the things that stimulate your camera's trigger finger; but at the same time shoot the image with people in it.  You may be surprised by the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment